Facebook is as successful as it is for one reason only, and that is communication. The app has presented itself as a platform for people from all over the globe to share content and interact with each other.
Everyone wants to communicate, but not everyone is well equipped. Hence, a change in the language, along with options for translation, is essential.
Therefore, one must know how to change the language on Facebook. Here is a guide on how to do it.
Table of Contents
How To Change Language On Facebook on a Computer
The 2021 apps may differ from the desktop version of the network in the news feed and navigation buttons layout.
One should not be wondering how to change the language on Facebook using a computer after they follow the best guidelines below.
- Log in to the account using a web browser.
- Go to the account settings.
- Click the arrow at the farthest right on the menu bar.
- Choose ‘Settings and Privacy.’
- Select Settings.
- Find ‘Language and Region.’
- Click on the Edit button.
- Then, tap ‘Show Facebook in this language’ drop-down menu.
- Select the preferred language and hit on ‘Save Changes.’
Change Language On Facebook on a Mobile Device
There are two ways to change the language on Facebook on an Android or iOS device: through the website or the app.
For the Android App
Download the 2021 Android certified app from the play store or any alternative. The app may likely take up the device default language.
However, if one wants to modify this:
- Log in to Facebook via the mobile app.
- Click the Menu button( three horizontal lines at the top right side just beside the notifications button).
- Scroll the page down to ‘Settings and Privacy.’ Tap this to expand the menu.
- Tap ‘Language.’
- Choose the new language from the list.
For iPhones and Other iOS Devices
The app policy is that it automatically takes up whatever language the iPhone is using.
To avoid this, do the following:
- Open General Settings of the device.
- Scroll down to Facebook.
- Tap on ‘Language.’
- Scroll down the list of languages and choose the preferred one.
Through the Mobile’s Web Browser
Sometimes it’s impossible to access social media via the mobile app. Luckily, everyone has a web browser on their phone, which can be used to modify languages.
Here are the steps to do so:
- Log in to the account.
- Tap the menu button at the top right corner (represented by three horizontal lines).
- Scroll down to the ‘Settings’ section.
- Tap ‘Translation for Posts’.
- Under the heading ‘Language and Region Settings’, find fields to customize user preferences.
Steps to Change Facebook Language Translation Settings
Essentially, as of 2021, Facebook is programmed to translate content that shows on the news feed to the language of the account. For instance, French accounts have English posts translated to French.
To change Facebook language translation operations, this is what to do:
- Log in to the account through the official website.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on ‘Settings and Privacy.’
- An ‘Account settings’ menu opens with the subheading ‘Manage information about you, your payments and your contacts, and your account in general.’
- Click on ‘Translation for posts.’
- Choose ‘Languages you don’t want to be offered translations for’ and ‘Languages you don’t want automatically translated,’ and set to taste.
How to Change Facebook Language Back to Default
Knowing how to change Facebook language is needed if the user made a mistake or didn’t feel satisfied with the changes. Everyone can always effectively undo them without any time limitations.
One way is to run the application or page through a translator service, thereby translating the entire website. However, this is not permanent and might also not give the user optimal satisfaction.
Nevertheless, Facebook apps and web pages have the same format in all languages. So, if a user can navigate his way through the app and knows where the appropriate buttons are, they can go to the settings and restore the app to the preferred language. One might need another device to help navigate through the app.
Enabling Facebook Language Settings for Creating Multilingual Posts
Enabling these Facebook language settings can only be performed on a page where the user must be an admin. The user’s setting should also permit posts in multiple languages.
To enable multilingual posts, this is what to do:
- From the menu on the left side of the screen, click ‘Pages.’
- Select the page required to effect the changes.
- Click ‘Settings’ at the top of the Page.
- Tap on ‘Post in Multiple Languages’ in the General Settings section.
- Click ‘Allow people who manage this Page to write posts in multiple languages.’
- Save changes.
To create a multilingual post that shows in several languages, here are the steps to follow:
- Write the post at the top of Page’s timeline.
- Click ‘Write a post in another language,’ and select one.
- To add a translated post, choose this option again.
- Share a post.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Stop Facebook From Changing the Language?
Facebook will automatically take up the user’s language of choice to ensure that one views their news feed and multilingual posts in their preferred language. It is advised that users should enable their desired languages in the device or in the application in the ‘Settings and Privacy’ section.
Does Facebook Still Have Pirate Language?
According to the new policy, the English pirate option that lets users chat and see posts in the pirate’s language is no longer available. It has been a Facebook feature for a long while but was removed for best performance and communication.
Wrapping It Up
Sometimes, the optimization of communication on Facebook requires to change the language. Here is the guide that directs one through the easiest approach to achieve this.
Have you ever changed the language of your Facebook account? If you have a question or recommendation, please leave a comment!