When Facebook arrived in 2005, it immediately changed the way the world communicated. Any user, either an individual or a business, was able to network and connect remotely with people all over the world.
As time passed, other features such as status sharing, how to copy and paste on Facebook, event creating, news sharing, and the capacity for uploads on a friend’s wall were added to the platform. This necessitated the copy-and-paste function, which was already popular on the PC. With it, users could copy anything and paste it anywhere.
Table of Contents
How to Copy and Paste on Facebook
In the year 2021, most people will be in the business of convenience. Anything that would make life a lot easier for the next person can often become very popular. This is why anyone would want to all the process of copying and pasting the information on FB.
Copying And Pasting On Mobile Devices
As mobile devices steal the attention of most with the latest social media app like Instagram, it is necessary to have methods that ensure that typing away doesn’t become a chore. Copying and pasting on Facebook should be easily duplicated with a few taps.
Copying & Pasting Text On Mobile Devices
Texts are not the only things that can be duplicated and pasted on a Facebook page. Images and links can also be copied. This section will be focusing solely on texts.
- First, select the text that will be copied.
- Then tap and long press on it till highlight handles appear.
- Now, drag the handles across the chosen text.
- A menu will appear with the option ‘Copy.’ Select it.
- Long-press on the intended space.
- A similar menu will appear with the option ‘Paste.’ Tap it.
While the steps above are a general guideline, there are some exceptions to this rule. Certain phones come with a clipboard option that saves the few recent copies and gives the option of selecting from them. In this case, there is only a slight variation in the steps.
- Access the clipboard by long-pressing on the desired space.
- After this, a menu will appear with the option ‘Clipboard.’ Tap it.
- Choose and tap the text to paste it into space.
- Alternatively, the text on the clipboard might require a long-press.
Copying & Pasting a Link
It takes several simple steps to share a link with another individual. There is the option of copying a link from the URL space in the browser, among others.
- First, select the link.
- Then, tap and long-press on it.
- A menu will appear with the option ‘Copy.’ Tap it.
- Then, select and long-press in the intended space for the link.
- Another menu will show, and an option ‘paste’ will appear. Press it.
Copy And Paste On PC
Strangely, the rise of mobile devices has not led to the death of the PC. Thankfully, both devices can actively use Facebook and Instagram.
Copying & Pasting Text On PC and Mac
The steps below are not too different from the steps listed under the mobile device section above. All that is required is a few clicks.
These are the steps for copying and pasting on Facebook on PC and Mac:
- Access to Facebook. Then, login and open its news feed.
- Select the text from anywhere within the platform or site and copy it.
- After this, click and drag the highlight function across the text.
- Copy the text by right-clicking and selecting Copy from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the intended space for pasting, click on the text field and paste by right-clicking and choosing Paste from the drop-down.
Copying & Pasting a Link On PC
The process of sharing a link is not hard, and there are a few steps to take to do it on PC. It doesn’t require any specific tools.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Select the link.
- Then copy the text. To do it, right-click and select ‘copy’ in the options menu.
- Paste by right-clicking and selecting the ‘paste’ option.
How Do You Copy and Paste on Facebook Messenger?
Among the numerous features that Facebook added to its network, the most recognizable is the messenger. The feature is exclusively dedicated to messaging.
Follow the steps below to find the answer to the question
- Tap and hold on to the intended text for copying to Facebook copying and pasting feature.
- Then drag the highlighter bars across the text until it is completely covered.
- Then, access the app and tap on a contact.
- Tap on the textbox, hold and paste the text by choosing the corresponding option.
Shortcuts for Copying and Pasting On PC
Shortcuts are important for making processes easier. This is why most people are fond of using them as the main copying tools. This process might seem similar to earlier steps. There are still some quick ways to get the same result an individual might get from right-clicking on a highlighted text.
- To copy a text, press Ctrl+C for PC or Command+C for Mac.
- To paste the text, press Ctrl+V for PC or Command+V on Mac.
Copying and Pasting Texts in Duplicate Ads Sets
The process of setting up ads for business can be very tedious. There is no reason to make it even harder by having to repeat the process of typing the same texts when trying to set up multiple ad sets.
- Just go to the Ads tab.
- Then select the box beside the intended ads.
- Tap Ctrl + C or select Copy from a menu that will pop up.
- Go back to the Ad Sets tab.
- Select the box beside the intended ads for pasting.
- Tap Ctrl + V or select ‘Paste’ from a menu that will pop up.
To get a preview of the ads that have been duplicated, tap on the ‘See copied items’ icon on the pop-up menu.
Sharing A Post On Facebook
Sharing is one of the most intimate things an individual can do. On Facebook and Instagram, it is a sign of trust, a gesture that benefits both the sharer, the recipient, and the creator.
It is a way to ensure that the original content owner gets credit whenever anyone views and shares it through the official share feature.
- The first step is to log into Facebook.
- Then locate the intended post for copying and repost where desired.
- Tap the share button.
- An options tab in the ‘Share this status’ dialog box will give different choices of who to send to. Select as desired.
- There is the choice of filtering who views what before sharing…
- And the option of adding a custom message before sharing.
- Now, tap on ‘Share Status.’
Why Copying and Pasting Are Common in Posts?
To copy Facebook content can seem like the most harmless activity. It is simple and straightforward and hardly actively infringes on anyone’s rights or privacy. However, while this activity can seem to have no demerits, that is certainly not the case.
There is a risk that lurks beneath those Facebook uploads that urge people to copy them. So what are the dangers of copying and pasting info on FB?
Bypassing Restrictions On Reach
When content is shared instead of copied and pasted, its reach is restricted, and it will not get to as many people as it would have. Unsurprisingly, whoever created it wants to get to as many people as possible, and as such, they specifically request to copy and paste.
To Maintain Anonymity
When a user copies and pastes a piece of content from another creator and that source is deleted, all the ‘reposts’ connected do not get deleted because they weren’t shared and are not connected.
This is why scammers encourage unsuspecting users to copy and paste on Facebook instead of using the share button. They are trying to protect their identity.
To Obtain Sensitive Information from Users
When a scammer wants to obtain a victim’s password or private details, they send use requests in the form of polls or games such as pet names, favorite food, news trivia, etc. This is a ruse whose singular aim is getting the personal information of unsuspecting users, which they might also use as personal passwords.
Self-Selection for Hoaxes
Often these nefarious posts will contain certain bits of information that are either bizarre or purposely misspelled.
This is done in such a way that when a gullible user views and shares a post, these scammers (the originators of the post) can search on Google or Facebook using these words and find the people sharing them.
This allows the digital crooks to target them for future scams.
Duplicating an Account
The most devious on this list is a fraud. The scammers will duplicate an account, often called clone accounts, and will target the family, friends, or even acquaintances of the individual. The accounts often look identical to the victim’s original account. The victim’s information is mostly gleaned from copied and pasted posts.
Facebook copy and paste is unsafe. Apart from being more tedious to use than the share button, it exposes the user to breach and exploitation from scammers. Like any other media or news platform, Facebook is a no man’s land, and everyone should take proper precautions when interacting with the medium. This is why you shouldn’t dublicate data in that way on FB.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Copy and Paste a YouTube Video to Facebook?
Sharing from YouTube to Facebook can be done with the click of a button. It is situated under every YouTube video as a ‘Share’ icon.
To Share to Facebook:
- First, go to the YouTube app or input the URL on a PC browser. Preferably, Facebook should also be logged in on either.
- Then choose the intended video for sharing.
- After this, locate the ‘Share’ icon and tap on it.
- A pop-up menu will appear. Choose Facebook as the preferred option.
- Then click on ‘Post to Facebook.’
How Do You Copy a Facebook Post Link?
Every upload on Facebook has a timestamp situated above it, somewhere on the top. It can be noticed as saying ‘just now’ for a post uploaded within seconds or 1 hour, in the same vein.
The timestamp in question has a link to the content.
- To copy this link, take the cursor and hover it on the timestamp.
- Then right-click and select ‘Copy.’
- With that, the link has been duplicated.
How Do I Enable Copy Text On Facebook?
After a user views a text, it can be quite tedious to try to copy it from Facebook, as mentioned earlier. However, Facebook has made no provision or support for in-app text copying. Texts can be copied from the dedicated messaging app but not from posts or status updates within the app.
Why Can’t I Copy and Paste On Facebook with My iPhone?
It might be as a result of a limitation feature of the app itself. One way to get around this is to use browsers.
Why Can’t I Post My Website Link On Facebook?
Social media apps like Instagram and Facebook depend heavily on algorithms to ensure a level of safety on their network. These algorithms are mostly responsible for blocking or removing inputted website links.
While there are a myriad of reasons why a link can be banned, one major reason is the frequency and manner of posting. If it is posted on a page repeatedly and appears to be promotional, it would be considered spam, and the algorithms will take it down.
Safety Above Ease
With 2021 fast approaching, technology is taking center stage and on all sides, it is tempting to want to choose ease above safety. This is human nature and the logic is clear but social media is very similar to real life. The danger is real. It might seem remote at first but when a stranger with ill intentions gets a hold of the personal information of another individual, there is no telling what kind of damage can be done. No one might be there to support.
This guide was put together to show all the ways sharing can be done on Facebook. However, if anything is missing or any pending questions, please drop them in the comments below.