Liking and sharing is a key strategy in internet marketing. Whether through Facebook, Twitter, or even iG, uploading quality content on social media will catch readers’ attention and draw them in. It works even better when users willingly create photos because this creates means of free marketing in 2023.
While sharing on Facebook and Twitter is easy enough, Instagram takes a little bit more savvy to accomplish. Of course, permission is needed to share another creator’s content, but there are still a few skills needed to know exactly how to repost on Instagram. Keep reading this guide find out 7 ways to repost on Instagram on why it is important for any brand in 2023.
Table of Contents
Getting Permission to Repost on IG
It is good to ask for permission before using someone else’s photos on Instagram; it’s legally important. IG’s community Guidelines are a nice reminder. They explain that the only surefire way to avoid violating copyright rules is only to upload self-created things.
It is possible to ask for consent to use someone else’s pictures. The safest method is to acquire something written from the picture’s creator or owner. At the very least, it is important to do this in the comments of the original thing and wait for the person to respond positively. If they say no, do not use the caption. It is that simple.
How to Repost on Instagram: 7 Amazing Ways
If the person has agreed to allow their images to be uploaded, then it is time to proceed with the next step. Although there are many different ways to carry out this task on social media, here are the best 7 methods explaining how to repost on Instagram.
#1. Copy a Link
The easiest method on how to repost on IG is to use the copy link function on the mobile app.
- At the top of each image, there are three small dots. Click on them for a menu of actions that can be carried out with a phone.
- In this case, select the line that says “copy the link.” Look for the words “link copied.”
- Paste the URL where needed.
#2. Take a Screenshot
Another simple method to repost on Instagram is to take a screenshot and then put it into an image or clip via mobile. Taking a couple of extra steps will create a clean, customized thing.
- Find the item to be shared.
- Take a screenshot. On an iPhone, simultaneously press the power and volume up buttons to do this. The process of an Android phone should be similar.
- Open the picture in the photo app to edit it and crop out any unwanted parts.
- Switch to the IG app.
- Select the camera icon.
- Tap the picture roll icon.
- Pull up the photo to be shared.
- Using the icons, add text, stickers, or drawings if desired.
- Select the send-to button and share it in the story.
Using the screenshot function is a simple means of creating something new and clean. In this way, the user does not need to access any tool or special software apart from the social network.
#3. How to Repost an Instagram Post from Feed to Story
Many of these tools can easily be shared directly from a user’s feed right into their story. However, if the image is from a private feed or has been uploaded as a private picture, it can only be done through Direct Messages. If thi is public, it can be done directly into a user’s story.
Many of these by businesses, small businesses, or consumers are meant to be seen by others.
Attention: Once they are in another user’s story, the video or pic will link back to the original ones and the owner. This creates a type of advertising through sharing and is a great way to find free advertising ways.
Learn how to repost an Instagram post.
- Start by finding the content.
- Find and tap on the small paper airplane icon. It will most likely be located directly under the picture.
- Select it.
- Edit, if desired, by using the icons for drawing, stickers, or text.
- Select the “send to” button.
- Choose “add to Story” or select individual recipients to receive it as a direct message.
Attention: Use this method to link back to the true owner and give the appropriate credit.
#4. Repost From Story to Another One
It is entirely possible to share from one user’s story directly to another person’s in some cases. For example, if a user has been tagged there, they will likely want to show it on their own so the rest would know.
Or if another one is emotionally moving or conveys something important or irresistible, they may want to do the same. If someone is mentioned or tagged there, that visual will appear in their Direct Messages or DMs.
This is how to repost an Instagram story.
- To carry this out, find the story in the Direct Message. These will have a button or prompt that says “show in mine.”
- Select it and create another one to share, following the prompts as if creating an item.
#5. How to Reshare from Story to Feed
If a current or archived content is interesting or has become popular, it can be put from one person’s story to their feed. This will hopefully help the image or video to get even more views and reach more public. Follow this method to know how to share someone else’s Instagram story.
- Find the item to show.
- Find and select the paper airplane button.
- Tap on the prompt that says, “Share as a post.”
- Edit it as needed and then tap on “share.”
This is an easy way to give a great idea of more visibility. Plus, the tactic is very simple, and nobody needs to be tech-savvy to carry this out.
#6. How to Share an Instagram Story on Your Own Account
An interesting feature of this network is sharing a friend’s story on the business’s account. This only works when the account owner is tagged in the story, and this is not private.
If that’s the case, then the process is impossible. However, whoever is tagged there, such as a group of friends or coworkers who attended a concert, dinner, event together, can do it. Each person tagged here will receive a Direct Message to let them know they were tagged. It is very simple to know how to share an Instagram story:
- Above this, find and select the button that says “add to stories.”
- An icon of the owner will be included there so that others can find it.
#7. How to Repost an Instagram Story If You’re Not Tagged
These items disappear after a mere 24 hours, while images on the feed will stick around forever, or until they are deleted. This network does not allow users to repost Instagram stories if they are not tagged in the post. This does not mean it is impossible to repost an Instagram story; it just means it takes a little more work to do so.
To date, there are no third-party sites that will do this. However, it is possible to use the screenshot or screen recording aspect of almost any phone to make do so. Here is how to repost an Instagram story.
- To carry out the process where the business or account owner is not tagged on the caption in, take a screenshot or screen recording of the image or video. Even you can use Instagram downloader to directly save video on your photo or computer.
- Edit them on the phone, if desired.
- Access the social network and create a new post using the picture or video that was just taken.
How to Repost on Instagram Using Reposting Apps
Although Facebook makes it easy to show others’ creations, IG does not. One way to get around this is to use a third-party site to repost on Instagram. There are several apps to choose from to show how to repost on Instagram using reposting apps. Here are just a few examples.
Repost for Instagram: Easy to Use
This software works for both iPhones and Android phones. It is also usable with Kindles. This app comes with a free trial period and caption use.
The Repost for the Instagram app makes it easy to repost stories and pictures while giving credit to their work. Although it takes a few steps to complete the entire task, this service makes it easy to repost on Instagram.
- Before beginning, always be sure to have the right to do this. Get it in writing where possible to avoid any future disagreements or problems with the owner.
- After this has been granted to use the image, go to the picture, and view it.
- Tap on the three dots above the pic. Copy the link.
- Next, visit the app and select the picture to be shared. Others that have already been shared may be listed, so be sure to select the correct one.
- Then, select the desired watermark options. This is how credit is given to the owner.
- Select repost.
- Open the social network. The content will now appear, where it can be edited, resized, or added to. Apply filters and text to it if desired.
- Tap on the description, and the original one will be added as well. From there, add any additional text that will appear in the new upload.
InstaRepost: Simple, Fast, and Allows Downloads
InstaRepost claims to be the best app available. This software allows the user to cleanly and easily use videos and photos on this social network without taking screenshots. It is available for both iOs and Android phones.
This app is simple to use with a minimal, clear watermark. They do not store any password information, but the person will need to give it access to their Instagram account for it to be able to carry out the functions. Also, if the photo is private, this software will not do it due to privacy considerations. Of course, permission from the owner is needed before doing this.
Information: One benefit to InstaRepost is that it includes an editor to modify the visuals while other apps require editing to be done on the site.
It can also be combined with other platforms, such as Facebook, WhatsApp, and Messenger. It allows for downloads, as well. This app contains ads and in-app purchases. So, here is how to repost someone’s Instagram story or feed.
- Download it from the store and create an account.
- Unclose IG and find the visuals to upload. It must be public, not private.
- Click on the three dots and select copy URL. Then, InstaRepost will do the rest of the work.
- To download a photo, open InstaRepost and look through the feed to find the desired image.
- Save it to the phone’s camera roll. The photo will now appear on the persons’ phone.
DownloadGram: Works with Photos and Videos
DownloadGram is an app that allows the user to download photos and videos from Instagram to their mobile device or computer. The free web software allows the user to backup their Instagram photos to their computer.
To do so, visit Instagram through the computer’s web browser. Pull up the image to be downloaded. Select the web URL in the browser window and highlight and copy it. Simply paste the image’s URL into the DownloadGram website and select the button that says download. Save the image to the desired location on the computer. This works with other user’s images, as well.
DownloadGram will also download videos from Instagram. The process is similar. Visit the video and copy the video’s URL. In the web app, paste the link and select the button.
Information: The video will automatically be collected and can be saved from there.
This company also has options for iPhone and Android phones. It works similarly to the web alternative.
- Download it to the mobile device.
- Secure permission to download or repost the desired picture.
- Next, simply disclose the social network.
- Scroll to the photo or story and open it.
- Select the three dots above the picture.
- Copy the URL.
- Open DownloadGram.
- Paste the URL into the text box.
After the photo or video has been downloaded into the phone’s camera roll, the user can open the Instagram app and post the picture or video as a new one. Of course, care should be taken not to violate the poster’s copyrights or privacy, and they should always be given credit for their work.
Regrammer: Download, Repost, and Schedule Posts
Regrammer is an app to learn how to share someone else’s Instagram story with photos, stories, and IGTV without watermarks. However, it is only available for iOS. This is free to use, but there is an extra fee to upgrade to the pro version.
Regrammer will also schedule future posts, share multiple photos at once, and repost an unlimited number of videos and pictures. It will allow the user to add an attribution if desired. However, this software will only use items that are public. Using this service is essentially the same method as accessing the traditional network.
- In writing, if possible, get permission before reposting or downloading another user’s content to avoid copyright infringement.
- Find the desired image on Instagram and view it.
- Tap on the three dots above the image. Then copy the link to the image.
- Next, open the Regrammer app and select the image to be shared.
- Select the desired options for the watermark on the post.
- Select repost.
- Then open the Instagram app. Edit the image in the Instagram editor.
- Lastly, post the image.
Reposting Creates Free Advertising for Brands
Social networks are an important app for brand promotion. This is a form of user-directed advertising that will keep brands in front of current and potential customers. Here’s why this is important:
- At least half of all companies are on IG.
- User engagement is higher than on other social media platforms.
Once this has happened, people can engage with that visual. Every one of them that shares content with their followers are providing free advertisement for the original business. Since compelling and interesting photos are more likely to appear, a business creates some interesting pieces that will link to the original one.
Information: This allows potential customers or clients to return there in a heartbeat.
Make a Reposting Strategy for Instagram
With minimal effort, a brand can create a strategy to use this tactic to enhance their marketing avenues. Since there is no cost to use social networks, this is a highly effective idea with little to no financial investment. Here is how to repost stories on Instagram:
Use Events to Create an Advantage
Event content can be uploaded by users to create excitement about the brand. These will help increase engagement and get people excited to say more. Plus, it makes fans feel more involved in the brand.
Hashtags Are Also Crucial
Hashtags, brand mentions, and tagging allow for persons to group information under the same item. In this manner, it’s easier to find by other people and to see the visuals again in the future.
Recognize the Community for Their Support
Community members can contribute and be acknowledged for their work and support. This will involve graphic design and light editing to make it even more professionals, especially if the accounts are for business.
Celebrate to Help People Get Even More Excited
Everybody likes to celebrate and look for an excuse to be happy. Then, people and companies can rejoice in new milestones or events that will generate even more excitement for the brand name. In this way, the popularity will increase, too.
What to Consider When Regramming
Don’t fall into the typical social media trap of over-posting or doing so poorly. Instead, keep it simple, keep it professional, and keep it on-task. Everything needs to enhance the brand, not detract from it. Here are a few examples of Instagram’s best practices.
Be Careful With Copyright
Don’t get caught infringing on another person’s copyrights. This is very serious and illegal in most countries, so try to avoid this hassle. Instead, always ask for permission before doing anything online. Be sure to give credit to the original person.
Use Photos as They Were Meant for
Stick to the photographers’ original intentions. In other words, don’t twist someone else’s work for personal or business gains. While it’s not illegal, it’s hardly ethical, and the creator might feel offended.
Do more than just copy someone else’s work; be sure to come up with original items, as well, to keep it interesting and show creativity and originality. Nobody wants to get bored seeing things they have already seen somewhere else.
Branding Is Crucial
Don’t lose focus. Every publication, whether original or regrammed, should be consistent with the brand.
Attention: If the page is about business, there should not be any memes there, or the company may lose face.
Why Can’t I Repost on Instagram?
Sometimes, it is impossible to carry out Instagram repost. For this to happen, content must be set as public by the owner. If the content is marked as private, even third-party apps will not share or download it.
Additionally, it is inappropriate and possibly illegal to carry out these practices without a word from the people who created it. For the best practices, acquire permission in writing before actually sharing the images.
How Often Should I Repost on IG?
There is a lot of debate on how often the business should be active on IG, but experts reveal the sweet spot is somewhere between one and two uploads per day.
Yet, if this is part of the brand strategy, consider half of someone else’s items and create about half original content. This is because publishing community ideas will encourage others not only to create new things but to support and stimulate the brand, as well.
How Do You Repost an Instagram Video?
Reposting on Instagram is simple and takes just a few steps.
- Enter the site on a computer web browser.
- Find the visual that people will like the most.
- Select the three dots above the clip and copy the URL.
- Visit downloadgram.net and paste the link into the text box and download it.
- Go to the page on a web browser and upload the clip. Be sure to get the rights to use the video and credit the owner.
Step Up the Social Media Game
All in all, social media is growing a lot in the last few years. This is especially true when it comes to business. If people love what the brand is offering, they will like or comment and show it to their friends and family. Such a thing is what companies should be aiming at. Learn how to repost on Instagram following this guide and step up the game in 2023.