Are you searching for the best AI tools for students? If so, you are not alone because millions of students use artificial intelligence technology to enhance their academic skills and studies.
Modern students have such hectic school and work schedules that time management can become a real issue. The latest AI tools for students help with research, writing, time management, organization, language learning, exam preparation, and more.
Using AI tools for students is not about cheating or getting some unfair advantage. Instead, they are about saving time while learning new academic skills and enhancing existing ones.
Would you like to discover the most popular AI tools modern students use now?
Table of Contents
The Top 7 AI Tools for Students
High schools and colleges require students to have high-level writing skills with no grammatical or spelling mistakes. But it can be challenging to maintain perfect writing when focusing on the subject matter of the content.
Grammarly is a popular AI writing assistant tool for students who wish to turn in easy-to-read reports, essays, and research papers. The AI algorithm studies the tone of your writing and makes suggestions to help you avoid errors and mistakes.
You will never have to worry about typos and grammatical and spelling mistakes again. Furthermore, the AI assistant will make advanced suggestions for better phrases and sentences you can use in your writing. That is something you don’t see in other AI writing assistant tools.
Here is a summary of Grammarly’s features and benefits:
- Advanced grammar and spell check to discover significant and small mistakes involving spelling, sentence structure, punctuation, typos, clarity, and more
- Plagiarism checker to ensure you are not copying or unintentionally typing a series of words or phrases that someone else has published online
- Improve your vocabulary with alternative phrases and word suggestions
- Integrate Grammarly with Microsoft Word and Google Docs
Grammarly has a free version offering standard grammar and spelling checks. The paid version offers more advanced suggestions for phrasing and sentence structure. It costs about $150 per year.
Quillbot is an advanced AI paraphrasing tool to rephrase existing text content by rearranging words and replacing words with synonyms. You could use Quillbot to reword a few sentences or full-length articles.
The Quillbot AI algorithm offers several modes for rephrasing your content differently. For instance, you can choose modes like formal, fluency, creative, shorten, expand, and simple to make the sentences and paragraphs read differently in each mode.
You may have to make minor edits to ensure the readability is perfect. But as far as AI paraphrasing tools go, Quillbot is the best on the market.
Here is a summary of Quillbot’s features and benefits:
- Automated paraphrasing of short and long content
- Several paraphrasing modes to generate different rephrased content
- Easy-to-use interface
- Affordable monthly fee
You can access all the features of the Quillbot paraphrasing tool for $19.95 per month or $99.96 per year.
Students should use Quillbot responsibly to reproduce their content in new ways. We don’t recommend rephrasing copyrighted works because it could still be infringement or plagiarism if you do.
Students always stress out over quizzes and tests. However, some advanced AI tools for students allow you to study for tests and exams more efficiently and thoroughly. Quizlet is a perfect example.
Quizlet is the ideal AI study partner for any student wanting to learn about a new subject or refresh their memory on a topic before a big test. It gives you access to an extensive library of study materials and content from other users on all subjects.
Quizlet utilises its AI power to generate unique practice quizzes and games to help you study fresh content and practice the areas where you struggle. You can even use the tool to study and share notes with other students in your class.
Here is a summary of Quizlet’s features and benefits:
- Study any subject from a vast collection of user-generated flashcards
- Create custom flashcards to personalise your studying experience
- Study in several different modes, such as Spell, Write, Match, Learn, and Test modes
- Collaborative learning to share notes and communicate in study groups
- Track your learning progress to see where you can improve your learning
Quizlet has a limited free version with ads. However, the paid version of $48 per year is recommended because it removes the ads and opens all the features to the students.
You can use Duolingo to study several languages, including American English, Spanish, French, Japanese, Chinese, and more. The program goes over the grammar, vocabulary, speech, and sentence structure of the language you study with written and voice lessons.
There are also opportunities for you to communicate with other people who are learning the same language as you. You can even practice the language with actual native speakers too.
Here is a summary of Duolingo’s features and benefits:
- Interactive language exercises make learning the language easy and fun
- Smaller lessons make it easier and faster to find time to learn
- Story lessons allow you to see the language used in real-life conversations and scenarios
- Learn from other app users and connect with native speakers
- Track your language learning progress to stay motivated and continue challenging yourself
Duolingo is free if you don’t mind the advertisements. But you can eliminate the advertisements if you’re willing to pay $12.99 per month for a Premium membership.
Feel free to practice your language skills on Facebook and other social media platforms to get real-life reactions from others.
5) StepWise Math
StepWise Math is an AI virtual math tutor capable of analysing your math weaknesses to create lessons that target those areas. After you take enough practice exams and lessons, the AI will remember where you struggle in math to help you overcome it.
Here is a summary of StepWise Math’s features and benefits:
- Interactive problem-solving challenges to test your math skills
- Take practice math tests in preparation for actual math tests
- Learn a wide range of complex math subjects like arithmetic and algebra
- The AI offers personalised feedback and recommendations
- 24/7 Access – Learn at your own pace
The price per student is $9.99 per month. If you want to purchase a family package for three people, the cost is $27 per month. A free trial membership is available for new users.
Gradescope is an impressive AI tool suitable for students and teachers.
Teachers can use Gradescope to grade dozens or hundreds of student assignments within a much shorter timeframe. The AI system can grade all short-answer and multiple-choice questions automatically, saving teachers the trouble of spending time grading manually.
Students can receive grades and feedback from teachers much faster. In addition, the Gradescope interactive interface makes it easier for students to learn from their mistakes and improve their academic progress.
Groups of students working together can also submit assignments together through Gradescope. Best of all, the tool can integrate with renowned learning management platforms like Blackboard and Canvas for increased flexibility.
Here is a summary of Gradescope’s features and benefits:
- The automated grading system allows students to receive graded assignments back more quickly
- The AI technology improves grading accuracy and reduces errors
- Students can collaborate and turn in projects together
- Analytical tools show student progress
Gradescope only costs $1 per student.
7) Ivy Chatbot
Ivy Chatbot is an AI-powered assistant and chatbot designed explicitly for academic purposes. It also has a more attractive interface than the popular ChatGPT AI chatbot.
Students can use the Ivy Chatbot to receive tailored study tips and reminders regarding assignment deadlines. The AI system customises the study tips according to your unique learning system, which it can detect.
Ivy Chatbot can recommend study resources, organise your class assignments, and manage your class schedule to ensure you stay on top of all your academic responsibilities.
Here is a summary of Ivy Chatbot’s features and benefits:
- Receive comprehensive information regarding course assignments, schedules, deadlines, etc.
- The artificial intelligence will remember your learning style and preferences when responding to personal inquiries and offering study suggestions.
- Provides access to helpful academic resources like practice exams, tutoring services, and study guides
- Track your academic progress and receive suggestions on ways to improve it
- Support for several different languages
- Integrate with Blackboard and Canvas
Ivy Chatbot is $59 per month for full access to all features.