Can a person be born twice? Likewise, it is impossible to have multiple birthdays. However, some people are unsure about their real birthdate. Others may mistakenly submit false info. Facebook knows that and gives every user a chance to change the data to a more accurate one.
The site demands that users provide truthful information to maintain security on the network. The following blocks show a comprehensive guide on how to change birthday on Facebook in 2023.
Table of Contents
- How to Set a Birthdate?
- Importance of Submitting Real Information
- How to Change the Date of Birth?
- What Should I Worry About When I Update a Birthdate?
- The Maximum Limit to Modifying Birthdays
- How to Hide B-Day From Other Users?
- Steps to Stop Notifying Friends on Your B-Day
- Frequently Asked Questions
- The Final Word
How to Set a Birthdate?
Setting the info about individuals’ birthdate is done during the sign-up process. The website requests data like the day, month, and year of birth. Users are expected to hit on the appropriate section to fill in the necessary details.
The procedure is different and faster for those registering with their Gmail. Here, instead of manually inputting the data, the site picks the required detail from Google’s database.
Importance of Submitting Real Information
Many people submit incorrect details about themselves during the sign-up process. They do this mostly because of privacy concerns. However, it is advisable to submit real data. Why? The reasons are highlighted below.
- Facebook performs a routine ID verification to maintain security on the network. Failure to maintain a matching result may lead to a ban.
- People can connect better with their friends by providing honest info about themselves.
- Sometimes, employers may wish to crosscheck applicants’ information from their social media handles. Finding fake data may not give a good impression.
How to Change Your Birthday On Facebook
Facebookers may submit false dates of birth consciously or otherwise when signing up to the network. The good news is they can correct it. However, the site permits a maximum of five edits to this information.
The following block provides a step-by-step guide on how to change your birthday on Facebook. It also provides tips on how to hide the info.
Using the Mobile Application
Individuals can quickly correct their date of birth through the mobile app. That applies to both iOS and Android users. They only need to get their details ready and an internet connection.
Here’s how to go about it:
- Open the Facebook app.
- Input the appropriate phone number or email address to log in.
- Select ‘Menu.’ It is the three-line icon at the top-right corner of the screen. The iPhone’s interface has it on the bottom right.
- Touch the field that displays the holder’s name. It appears on the top of the screen.
- Choose the ‘About’ tab below the profile picture.
- Scroll down to the Basic Info section and tap the Edit button. For Android, hit ‘More About You’ to see the editing options.
- Facebook permits individuals to modify the day, month, and year of birth. Choose the desired option and input the correct data.
- Go to the bottom of the screen and hit ‘Save.’
Using a Desktop Browser
People can also update their birth information using a personal computer. They have to visit the site using a web browser and follow the instructions given below.
- Launch a web browser and visit Facebook.
- Log in by entering a phone number or email address and a password.
- Hit the account name to open the profile.
- Find and select the ‘About’ tab.
- Choose ‘Contact and Basic info’ seen on the left side of the screen.
- Scroll down to ‘Your Birthday’ and enter the desired day, month, or year.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ displayed at the bottom of the window.
What Should I Worry About When I Change Birthday on Facebook?
Nothing. After individuals change birthday on Facebook, the update will reflect immediately on their account. However, that does not appear as an event on their timeline. Instead, it only sends the usual b-day notifications to friends on the new birth date.
More so, the modification does not affect the privacy settings. The info visibility will be the same as the previous. Users will have to revise their privacy settings to choose the category of people who can see it.
The Maximum Limit to Modifying Birthdays
The site has a limit to the number of times Facebookers can modify their birthday. That is necessary to ensure that they provide credible information. Therefore, users should keep count of the number of times they edit the data. Better still, they should provide accurate details once and for all.
The maximum number of edits that are permitted is five. After the third attempt, persons will need to go through a long verification process to make necessary corrections.
How to Hide Birthday on Facebook?
Every Facebooker can modify the list of people they can permit to see their birthday and get a notification.
Individuals can make their data visible to any of the following category of people:
- Friends’ contacts
- Only me
- Close friends
The following content shows detailed steps on how to hide birthday on Facebook.
Using the Mobile Application
With the mobile app, hiding b-day is just a fingertip away. It allows users to choose who can and cannot view their special date.
A comprehensive guide is available below:
- Open the application on an iPhone or Android device.
- Input the appropriate info and hit ‘Log In.’
- Tap the ‘Menu’ button. It is the three-line icon at the button right (top right for Android) of the screen.
- Touch the name displayed at the top of the screen.
- Select the ‘Edit Profile’ tab.
- Scroll down and choose ‘Edit Your About Info.’
- Navigate to ‘Basic Info’ heading and tap ‘Edit.’
- Find the Privacy option. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Select ‘Only Me.’
- Scroll down and hit ‘Save.’
Using a Desktop Browser
Individuals can hide their birthday from their computers. To begin, they should get their device ready with internet access.
The tips below present the process, a step at a time:
- Visit the website using a web browser and log in.
- Click the name tab at the top of the screen.
- Click the ‘About’ button below the cover image.
- Select ‘Basic Contact and Info’ and then ‘Basic Information.’
- Hover over ‘Birth date’ and hit on ‘Edit.’
- Click the options button at the far right of the data field.
- Select ‘Only Me’ and ‘Save Changes’ after that.
Steps to Stop Notifying Friends on Your Birthday
People may prefer to keep their b-day from their friends. This may be due to security or privacy concerns. Others may want to avoid their Timeline from being flooded with too many messages. Whatever the reason, the site allows users to stay in charge of their audience.
Facebookers can hide the information to block friends from getting a notification. That implies that they modify the viewer’s access to ‘Only Me.’ The tips on how to go about that are available above.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Can’t I Change My Birthday?
Changing birth dates is a straightforward process. However, some conditions may hinder facebookers from modifying these details. First, if they have recently changed the data, the site will block repetitive editing until after a few days. Then, users can easily reaccess the features.
Also, an account that has reached the limit will not be able to correct the birth date again.
How Long Do You Have to Wait to Change Your Birthday on Facebook?
How to Remove Birthday From Facebook?
The website requires individuals to submit their b-days during registration. It uses this data to ensure that every user is qualified, age-wise, to use the network. Hence, it is impossible to delete it.
The closest possible option of how to remove birthday from Facebook is to hide the day from everyone. Follow the instructions above to do that.
What Is the Age Limit for Facebook?
The site only permits individuals aged thirteen years and above into the network. It also prohibits the registration of an account on behalf of an underaged. Anybody who discovers a defaulting minor should report such profiles.
How to Find Someone’s Date of Birth on Facebook?
People can always check their friends’ dates of birth. They can do so by following the steps below.
- Open the website or app and log in.
- Go to the page of the desired contacts and select ‘About.’
People can also find this information using their Google and iOS calendar or navigating to the platform’s birthday corner.
How Do I Remove Birthday Wishes From My Timeline?
Facebookers may want to keep their special day secret from people to prevent the myriads of wishes from flooding their Timeline. Again, the site’s got them covered. With the appropriate settings, they can enjoy their birthday the best way as they like it.
To remove wishes, follow the instructions below:
- Open the mobile application or visit the site with a browser.
- Input the necessary info and log in.
- Enter the page.
- Press the three-dot on the top of the desired post.
- Select ‘Hide from Timeline.’ It will now be hidden from friends.
However, if Facebookers want only a few people to see all their posts, do the following:
- Go to Settings.
- Find ‘Timeline and Tagging.’
- Then, under Timeline, hit ‘Who can see what others post on your timeline?’
- Next, choose the audience as per individual need.
Is It Safe to Share Your Birthday?
Impostors and identity fraudsters can easily prey on the info. Hackers can further use it to generate more details like zip code, location, social security number, etc. For those who use their birthday as a password, their accounts become more prone to unauthorized access.
The safest method is to hide the birth year or, better still, the entire date.
On a Final Note
Facebook allows its billion users to provide real information when signing up. Knowing that no one is without flaws, the social media platform permits people to update their initial submission.
Also, it accommodates several categories of people with different privacy needs. Hence, for those who wish to, this content explains the ways to change and hide birthday on Facebook in 2023.
How helpful was this article? Drop your feedback in the comment box below.